If you are trying to build or tone your booty, these are the Top 6 Booty Workouts, you don’t want to miss!
I always recommend doing weights with your exercises, especially while trying to build and tone. But if you are new to working out I would recommend very light weight or no weight to make sure you get great form. Form is everything when it comes to working out!
When working legs or booty, do not over train! Working legs everyday won’t get you better results. It can actually slow down your results! Crazy, huh!? You would think the more you work a muscle, the better it would get but we actually need rest to repair that muscle!
From my experience, along with a lot of research and studies it is best to train the major muscle groups 2 times a week with at least 48 hours of rest in between! Of course, everyone is different, so some people may be able to get great results training legs daily, but I highly recommend training them twice a week and seeing how that goes for about a month or two.
Be sure to stretch or foam roll after your training, this will help with soreness as well as prevent injury!
Top 6 Booty workouts
- Sumo Squat: The sumo squat is an amazing exercise that will work your hamstrings, glutes, quads, calves and inner thighs. I would recommend doing 12-15 reps if you are toning, with 3-4 sets. For people trying to gain, I would recommend doing 8-10 reps and 5-6 sets. Be sure to keep great form!
- Stiff Leg Deadlift: If hamstrings are a struggle for you this is truly a great exercise for you! I would recommend going a little lighter with this workout and pausing at the bottom, which will be right below your kneecap. Going all the way down with this can hurt your lower back, so be careful!
- Step Ups: This is a quad and a glute killer for sure! If you aren’t that good with balance or flexible, I would recommend starting with a smaller box and working your way up. I do these with weights and sometimes without weights as a warm up, either way your quads will be on fire!
- Split Squat: This workout will get your quads, glutes, hamstrings and calves. The deeper you get with this, the more you feel it. You can do it with or without a box for your back foot. I prefer a box so I can work on my balance as well.
- Lateral Lunge with Deadlift: So I randomly made this up in gym one day, I was so bored of doing the same old deadlifts so I added a little twist and my booty and hamstrings were beyond sore the next day! Be sure to get low in the lateral lunge to really feel it in your glute.
- Jump Squat to Curtsy: This was another workout I randomly thought of! This will kill your quads and booty, but also work your hamstrings and calves. It is great with no weight, but if you want to kick it up a notch, then adds a bit of weight!