The Secret to Motivation…
We all want to better ourselves but why does it become so hard to motivate ourselves to stay on the right track?
This is something I struggle with as well, we all do. It’s easier to sleep in and not change your life, so that’s what most people do.
But are you happy with your current life? If not, why not change it?
Do you like being unhappy? Are you sick of lacking confidence? Do you like feeling sluggish and tired all the time?
I can almost bet your answer is no for those questions.
So let’s change that.
We need a morning routine.
No more hitting snooze 3 times. We are getting up and getting going. Action is where motivation is built. So get to bed on time, wake up in the morning when your 1st alarm goes off. Turn on a motivational song or speech that gets you excited for the day. Yell out with passion 3 things you are grateful for and do 1 minute of jumping jacks to get your body up and awake.
Steps to Becoming a Motivated Goal- Getter…
- Write Down Your Goals– Place them somewhere you will see them daily to keep you on track.
- Reward Yourself When You Accomplish a Goal– Pick something you really want and reward yourself with it once a goal is accomplished. That way you’ll stay focused on the prize and have a motivation to achieve your goal.
- Have a WHY on WHY you are doing this– Something bigger than yourself. We never really care if we disappoint ourselves but we never want to disappoint people we love. So whether your WHY is a lover, your family, your child, your friend, your pet or revenge to an ex. Find it and keep it in mind when you feel unmotivated.
- MINDSET– STOP BITCHING ABOUT LIFE! You can sit there and bitch about how tired, how unhappy or how fat you are but no one really cares. Only thing that will get you is stuck in the same damn place you’re in. So changing your mindset to be more positive and talk yourself into feeling better and loving your new lifestyle. Focusing on the great things you have accomplished in life and knowing that you will be successful in your new lifestyle change.
- FOCUS ON THE GOOD– Instead of saying uhhhh, I can’t eat donuts everyday, Focus on the healthy nutrition you will get from your new lifestyle. Think about how amazing your skin and body will look and how great you will feel. Instead of dreading working out, get excited about it! Think of the new amazing body you will sculpt and how accomplished you will feel leaving the gym.
- Set Triggers throughout the day to help you stay on track- Every night before bed, put out your vitamins, gym clothes and shoes out and get excited about going to the gym the next day. You can set alarms on your phone to remind you to eat and drink your water. Prep your Food so when you are hungry you reach for food that is benefiting your body. Leaving pictures or sayings around your house, car or office of what you want to be is another great way to keep the mind on track.
- Listen to Motivational Speakers first thing in the morning- Eric Thomas is one of my favorites. This will set your mood for your day and you will notice that you will get more done.
- Hire a Coach- If I am lacking somewhere in life, I hire a coach to get me on track. It’s easier to have plans/goals and someone to guide you directly to them and actually hold you accountable! If you want to learn about my coaching programs, book your FREE zoom call with me. We will dive into your goals, where you are stuck and how to get you back on track. You can BOOK HERE.
So many people continue to ask about motivation, thinking it’s some pill that I give you. But it comes from within and you need to take these steps and follow through to truly get motivated. Don’t overthink the process. Just start taking action. What is your goal? I want you to tell me now so I can make sure you follow through.