There are so many sources of information out there creating Food Myths! A lot of the time magazines will post some insane diet fad on the cover to keep your interest and get you to constantly buy.
Everyone wants to know the newest way to drop pounds so it’s an easy way to sale. We do have to remember everyone is different, So there is no, 1 diet fits all. So lets crack some of these myths!
- Fat- Free is good for you! Most Fat-free foods are very processed so not the best choice for your health. Plus we need fats in our diet so don’t skip them!
- Carbs make you fat! We need carbs to fuel our brain and muscles. You just need to pick the right carbs. Like sweet potatoes instead of french fries. haha
- Protein will make me bulky! This is false. Protein will help you build lean muscle mass. But too much protein is actually proven to be dangerous, it can lead to kidney stones and digestive issues, so be sure to find a balance.
- Frozen Fruit and Veggies are awful! Frozen is actually usually fresher than normal produce since it is frozen once it’s picked.
- Salads are Healthy! Greens are great for you but the dressings are usually high in sugar so if you do a salad, I recommend spinach with fruit or nuts with a dressing low in sugar.
These are just a few of the popular ones, if there are any you have questions on, Please comment below and let me know!