When it comes to training people do a lot wrong and I hate it because I don’t want people putting in the effort without the results so let’s talk about the Do’s and Don’ts of working out!
- Don’t just stick to machines, they are great for isolation movements but you burn more calories and use more muscles doing free weights.
- DO, a mix of free weights, cables and machines for best results whether you are training at home or the gym.
- Don’t just walk on the treadmill.
- DO sprints, Intervals on the spin bike, stair climber or elliptical. It is great to switch up machines as well as the type of cardio you do. You will work different muscle fibers and see faster results.
- Don’t just focus on squats. This drives me nuts, I see too many people focused on just wanting to work the lower body or one trouble area. This will make it longer to reach your goal .
- DO a circuit training of full body workouts. The more you work a muscle group, the more you break it down and it has to repair… when your muscle has to repair, that’s where the lean muscle mass comes in.
- Don’t just walk in or assume you will have motivation to workout without a plan. We have all been there…Walk into the gym, ready to kill it and then we realize, we have no actual plan or knowledge of the gym so we go walk on the treadmill for an hour then leave. This is better than doing nothing but it won’t get you your dream body!
- DO plan your workouts ahead, have a plan of what you will do at the gym so you can walk in feeling confident ready to kill your workout.
With a New year being right around the corner and shifting into this new odd world of our’s filled with confusion and uncertainty.
I want you to be sure about one thing and that is your health. Now more than ever it is thrown in our face, that we need to take care of ourselves. We can follow all the covid rules but where your health truly starts is you taking care of you.
Let’s get the stress under control, let’s cut out processed sugars and carbs, let’s cut out excess alcohol and focus on fueling our beautiful bodies with what it deserves! Healthy foods, water and movement.
We are on day 3 of the 12 days of Fitmas so you now have the knowledge on how to set your goal, how to figure out what works best for you and how to set up your workouts for best results so go get busy and make yourself proud.