Do you ever feel it’s impossible to break the sugar addiction?
You stick to your clean eating for a few days then fall off due to cravings?
Especially sugar cravings…
I want to tell you it is possible to break this addiction and it isn’t as hard as you would think.
I use to think I couldn’t go a day without donuts or ben n jerry’s but I HAD to get off of eating those things daily when my health took a turn for the worst. I ended up with high cholesterol at a very young age. The doctor couldn’t believe it because I looked healthy but inside I was a mess!
He told me I need to stop eating ice cream daily or I will be put on meds and I wasn’t about to get on medication because let’s face it, you get put on medication and end up with 900 other issues. So I committed to breaking the sugar addiction and get my health back on track.
Here are 3 EASY TIPS AND TRICKS, I wish I knew while going through this process…
- Protein. Get your protein in! This helps keep your blood sugar levels in check so fewer crashes and cravings. I always recommend doing high fiber and healthy fats too to help with that. So a perfect meal would be chicken(protein) with a side of broccoli(fiber) with butter(fat) on it. I love to start my day with a protein shake so I do protein powder (protein) blueberries (fiber) spinach (fiber) peanut butter (fat) almond milk (fat) this keeps me full and helps keep my cravings in check all day. Starting your day with something packed with this will help keep your cravings in check all day so I highly recommend it.
- Switch out the sugar! Stevia is one I use a lot it is a sweetener and sugar substitute derived from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana, native to Brazil and Paraguay. If you are used to sugar in your tea, switch it out for stevia. This is a natural sugar that won’t spike your blood sugar levels. I love doing green tea with some stevia in it. It helps with my sweet tooth big time.
- Stop the long-ass cardio sessions! When you focus on long sessions of cardio, you actually end up craving more sugar because you are depleted. So switch it out for weight training, pilates, yoga or burst training. Plus, these workouts will help build lean muscle mass which in turn burns more fat so no brainer!
Once you start dialing this in, it makes it easier to stick to your clean eating.
You won’t constantly crave pasta, bread, cookies and all the junk that’s hiding that perfect 6 pack!
With that being said, I want you to remember it is ok to eat that stuff once or twice a week but overall to get your energy, confidence and motivation up, you do want to keep this under control. Eating crap like this all the time will leave you feeling sluggish and burnt out plus, you’ll be stuck packing on more pounds. NOT FUN.
So let’s ease into this process of feeling great again!
If you are sick of the constant guesswork and are ready for lasting results then join my get back on track challenge happening September 15 in the Stay Fit Challenge.
What’s it include?
- A 5-day non-deprived meal guide change biweekly
- A 5-day fat burning workout guide with videos (home or gym) change biweekly
- Supplement guide
- Facebook support
- And check-ins!
For only $27 a month. Cancel anytime!
Spots are limited so hurry and get yours now!