During my pregnancy, I gained about 30-35lbs. I lost a ton of muscle mass since I wasn’t lifting as heavy or eating as much protein as I use to (just couldn’t stomach a lot of meat) but I did the best I could, ended up with a healthy pregnancy, no stretch marks, great labor and delivery ohhh and the best gift of all… a healthy, beautiful little girl filled with incredible personality! And I do give credit to health and fitness for these blessings! If you are pregnant and need some guidance, check out my ebook here.
Now, I am 2 weeks postpartum. I am down 20 pounds so only about 10-15lbs left to drop. I really haven’t done much to try and drop the weight. I have been wearing my 3 in 1 recovery belt and I believe that has helped my stomach go down pretty dang quickly.
I was breastfeeding the past 2 weeks but have given up on that since my milk seems to kill my little girl’s stomach, no matter how clean my diet is. I have been taking her and the pups on short walks and doing super easy, light workouts. My workouts are not focused on fat loss but just more on moving my muscles and creating energy.
Today, I have decided that it is time to start my transformation. I feel great. I got the ok to be active but not back to my crazy workouts for another few weeks. So I figured now is a great time to show you guys how to build these habits through easy recipes and workouts so you too can get and stay fit!
So where to start?
- Pick a goal. Mine is to drop 10lbs, build lean muscle mass.
- Break goals into small goals. Me for example: Drop 2lbs a week over the next 5 weeks through eating clean and working out at least 4 days a week for 40 minutes.
- Schedule in myself in. With my schedule being so unpredictable at this time, I have made sure that I schedule myself first while baby is sleeping in the morning. That means work, housework and anything else is on the backburner until I get my workout done even if baby wakes up like she did today. haha I picked her up, fed her as I did calf raises, pulse squats, and pile squats. That put her back to sleep and got my legs feeling great.
- JUST DO IT. I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep so sometimes motivation is hard to find but even when it is, I realize the best thing to do.. is just start your workout and motivation will build from there.
- Let go of shame. We shame ourselves a lot for investing time into ourselves and we shouldn’t. We should applaud ourselves for setting a great example for our loved ones. We can do this through a mindset shift. Instead of beating yourself up over eating healthy or being active, be grateful you have the ability too. Be grateful you get to work on your happiness, confidence, and goals. And don’t let society try to shame you, that is their own insecure bullshit for not taking care of themselves.
I said I would share a recipe as well as an exercise in my post.
I have gone back to fasting so I don’t eat until 10am then I stop at 6pm as of now. I do this all week long then weekends, I am more relaxed about it. This morning, I did a light full body exercise then I ate a protein pancake with eggs.
- Bent over row
- Shoulder press with curl
- Tricep kickback
- Sumo pulse squats while holding baby McKenzie
- Calf raises while holding baby McKenzie
I did 20 reps, 4 sets and we will be doing a family walk later on today for about 20 minutes for my cardio! I used 8lbs for these workouts so when I say, I went light, I truly mean it. haha
Recipe for protein pancakes
2 eggs, 1 banana, 1 scoop protein powder. Blend in the blender then pour onto the skillet, flip and enjoy!
For the eggs, I did plain old eggs. Nothing exciting or fancy with them. Most of the time, I put black pepper and turmeric on them to help with inflammation. Black pepper helps absorb turmeric so sprinkling a tad bit on is a great benefit. I am drinking about a gallon of water a day and plan on eating 3 meals a day with a cheat meal or 2 on the weekends. I do plan on adding supplements back in this week to help naturally balance hormones and burn fat.
- apple cider vinegar (digestion)
- caffeine (energy)
- vitex (hormones)
- detox organics (bloating. Use TC for discount here)
- protein powder (get extra protein in super easy and quick)
- black cohosh
- wild yam
- dong quai
I am not a huge supplement junky. I use what works and what I know I need and tell my clients the same thing. So many people waste money on supplements that are complete junk. So I always encouarge people to figure out what they need and go from there. Most the time people just need the proper food and exercise routine to solve their problem of not seeing results and if that is you then please email me for a free consultation.
EMAIL: [email protected]