Embracing the journey of self-love can be a transformative experience, especially for us ladies, who are juggling a million different things. As we mature, our bodies, motivations, and goals change, making self-love a crucial anchor. Today, I want to talk about the powerful connection between self-love and fitness.
Let’s dive into understanding Self-Love first…
Self-love is not about narcissism or vanity—it’s about nurturing a deep appreciation and respect for oneself.
For many, self-love can be misinterpreted as selfish or self-indulgent. It’s essential to understand that self-love entails self-care but also goes beyond, fostering a positive self-image, self-belief, and self-compassion.
Increased emotional resilience, better stress management, and improved relationships with others are just a few of the benefits. Research has also found associations between self-love and overall health—both mental and physical.
Fitness as a Gateway to Self-Love
Exercise can be a powerful tool in the pursuit of loving oneself.
Regardless of current fitness levels or body shape, movement can be a way to celebrate one’s physical being. From stretching to high-intensity training, every move is an act of self-love.
Physical exercise is a known mood-booster, releasing endorphins that combat stress and anxiety. In addition, the discipline of a fitness routine can foster a strong sense of accomplishment and empowerment!
For us women, we can find it more challenging to find time to get started on a fitness journey so I want to break it down nice and simple for you…
- There’s so many fitness options, it’s important find a routine that you enjoy and can easily stick to.
2. Each woman’s body is different, and so should be her fitness plan. I always recommend doing custom workout plan that support your goals, preferences, and any medical condition or injuries.
3. A supportive community can be a cornerstone of one’s fitness journey. By engaging with others who value fitness, a sense of community and make it easier to stick to your journey. If you struggle to find like-minded women then hiring a coach can be extremely beneficial. This will take out the guesswork for you and hold you accountable so you create the habits needed to ease into a healthier lifestyle.
Now let’s dive into how to stick to your fitness journey…
- Set small goals and celebrate them. My favorite way to celebrate is buying little goodies whether it’s food, a dress or going out with the girl’s. This is a great way to stay motivated and excited to hit the next goal.
- Don’t get hung up on little things. This only discourages you and makes it easier to give up. So if you eat a cookie from the office… cool… who cares… keep it moving boo boo.
- Schedule and act like your own boss. Every Sunday night, I like to sit down and schedule out my week. Yes, even after 20 years… I schedule my gym and eating times each week 😂 I like having check list. Do you? If this is a new journey then I recommend scheduling time first thing in the morning even if it is just 5-15 minutes… it is a great start because you are getting in the habit of putting yourself first.
I hope these tips are helpful. Fitness is what changed my life for the better 20 years ago and has continued to do so in so many ways. I’ve watched so many of my beautiful clients who went from feeling insecure, overweight and stuck in life to watching them completely transform not only dropping 30-50lbs but completely glowing, radiating self-love and watching their life flourish in so many ways!
I know how fitness will help you and if you need more help figuring out what will work best for you and your body type, figuring out the best schedule, easiest way to eat and properly supplement then book a free consultation with me so I can help you!
Booking is easy and so is talking to me… haha you guys know, I am an open book who loves to help others so show up as yourself, ready to love yourself and step into your best self this year.
If you prefer to do a consult over text message then text me at: 725-900-9417