So many of us love and hate cheat day…
We get scared that all of our hard work will disappear or that we will fall back to our old habits. While both of these have a bit of truth to them, you shouldn’t be scared. You may get bloated for a few days after your cheat but it’s just extra water! That’s why on cheat days and the two days after I recommend to get a higher amount of water in!
Fight off the Water Retention…
- Sweat more by intensifying your workout
- Drink more water, the least should be a gallon
- Eat foods that help pull water
If you are scared to fall back into your old habits of eating bad, here’s some tips to help avoid that.
- Go out to eat so you don’t have junk food in your house
- If you want a cheat treat from the store, eat a serving and trash the rest
- Have your healthy meals prepped so you will eat that instead of continuing with the bad eating
Following these tips will help you stay on track after your cheat. I’ve always found after a cheat, I’m not as motivated to workout because I feel bloated and crappy which will usually lead me to eating worse. That is why I keep the goodies out of the house and try my best to go out for a cheat treat!
Another thing I use to wonder about is when should I eat my Cheat Treat?
Some people enjoy doing their cheats on the weekend and some enjoy doing it after a hardcore workout. There is no right or wrong way to treat yourself. I do realize I feel better if I cheat after a heavy leg day to refuel and it is also when my metabolism is on fire so I burn right through the junk food. I also found that if I cheat in the afternoon right after my workout, I don’t feel like crap the next day. But you can do your cheat treat whenever you feel is best for you.
Why we need Cheat Treats!
- Helps motivate you to work hard because your body knows it’ll get a treat
- Boost our metabolism since your body will be use to eating clean
- Helps satisfy your cravings
So stop feeling guilty after your cheat treats! You need them to have a fun and successful journey. Just don’t over do them. One or Two a week is good, depending on your goals.
Also, I have a new ebook out for Clean and Simple Desserts! Click here to Check it out now!
I hope this tips were helpful!